Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Minor Updates

Alright, so I have minor updates on the guitar I'm building.
First are some changes to the specs. Instead of the guitar having a 24.75" scale length, it will now be 25". Not much distance difference, but massive tone and feel difference. Also, the neck is now going to be made out of walnut with an ebony fretboard. I'm making the neck myself, as well. I ordered the parts so I can start fretting the fretboard (I got a blank piece of wood, and I have to saw and hammer the frets in). Also, I'm going to put these inlays into the neck. So this will be a bit cheaper than actually buying a premade neck. Not by much, because the tools cost a lot. But without the cost of tools, I'm probably saving a hundred pounds by building it myself.
Next, part of the wood came. Only have of it came though, so I'm not taking pictures, and I haven't started doing anything yet. Apparently they ran out of stock. I emailed asking when they'd get more, but they haven't responded.
Also, I'm thinking of installing a piezo pickup, which pickups vibrations from the wood, rather than magnetic charges from the strings. Gives the guitar a much more acoustic sound when I use them.
That's all. Pictures of the fretboard and supplies should come later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment