Thursday, February 19, 2009

I have a plan!

So the plans for the guitar came in the post on Teusday. This is basically this huge sheet of paper that has 1:1 scaling prints of the guitar. neck, body side view, wiring, everything. Even lists all the parts the guitar is made of. Pics.

This is the body template, and how it should look after electronics are in.
Body Template Finished

This is a few neck diagrams. Tuning pegs, headstock, nut placement, radius, its all there.
Neck Diagrams

This is the body with routing and drill spots
Body Template Routs

Only unfortunate thing about the plans is that I'm doing three single coil pickups instead of two humbuckers. Also, I may do a bolt-on neck as opposed to set neck, or I may do a through neck, which basically means that the wood for the neck goes all the way down from the neck and into the body, so in a way the neck takes up a third of the body, if that makes sense.

once I figure out what neck I want to go with, I'll order the wood.
Sorry it's taking so long!

2 comments: